Mobile Bar Hire
Enhance your event with mobile bar hire services in Sussex, Surrey and Kent
SJW Events & Bars provides mobile bar hire throughout Sussex, Surrey and Kent. We can also travel to London if the event requires mobile bars for hire with a genuine rustic construction and appearance.
We are very fortunate to be based in the beautiful Sussex countryside with great access to the coast, including Eastbourne and Brighton where with our mobile bars we have attended some splendid parties over the last few years.
We typically find ourselves travelling to Kent to provide mobile bar hire at some truly stunning venues located within the Garden of England, our mobile gin bar is popular! Surrey has been a great host, having welcomed us to enjoy some wonderful house and garden parties in addition to supplying mobile bar hire and our mobile prosecco bar at numerous spectacular weddings!
Surrey and West Sussex generally appear to be the ‘hot spots’ for corporate events, where we have worked at some stunning and historic rural estates. Over the last few years SJW Events and Bars has witnessed an explosion of this type of corporate event whereby we make our rustic mobile bars available for hire and transform these quiet locations in to a hive of activity for a short period of time.
Mobile bar hire, how does it work?
We understand that planning an event of any kind can be stressful, time consuming and a hassle!
Our team will work with you from the outset to ensure that we listen to your requirements and come up with the best solution to make sure that you hire the perfect bar and team for your event.
Although our mobile bar hire service is unique to your party or event, SJW Events & Bars will:
- Respond to all queries promptly
- Discuss our portable bars for hire and requirements for your event either by phone or email. You may wish to consider the addition of a mobile gin bar or mobile prosecco bar.
- Discuss any drink requirements and perhaps favoured brands you would like served from the portable bar
- Confirm if any costs are involved in relation to the bar, mobile gin bar or mobile prosecco bar
- Discuss the options as to how the bar can be run and what is most suitable for your event
- Advise the likely bar drink prices or create packages depending on the requirements for your party or event
- Apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) so that alcohol can be supplied legally from the mobile bar at your event – if required
- Arrive on time at your event and set up our mobile bar to transform your venue
- If required, provide all cooling for the drinks and dispersing equipment for the mobile bar – inclusive of the mobile bar hire package
- Our experienced team will serve your guests promptly and with courtesy throughout your event or party
- We will pack up and vacate the venue at the agreed time
- We will take all rubbish away or use the bins on site if agreed
Wet Bar Hire Vs Dry Bar Hire
If you have been researching hiring a mobile bar for your event, you have most likely come across the terms 'dry hire' and 'wet bar hire'.
What do these terms mean?
Wet Bar Hire
We will attend your event with our experienced team of bar staff, the portable bar of your choice and everything required to provide a full bar service to your guests.
- Drink cooling;
- Plastic glasses
- *Glasses - additional glass hire costs applicable and must be arranged in advance
Our experienced team will also bring a full range of drinks, the types and brands can be tailored to your event, as we offer a truly bespoke bar hire service.
As personal licence holders, we will take care of the licence application if one is required.
Depending on the number of guests expected to attend your event and the duration that the mobile bar will be open, a hire fee may be required.
However, usually if your event is expected to have at least 70 people in attendance, we will hire the mobile bar free of charge and look to make our money through the sale of drinks across the bar.
Generally, we do not set a minimum spend requirement. However, in some cases this may be required. This means that if the minimum spend across the bar is not reached, you will be required to pay the shortfall which will effectively be the mobile bar hire cost.
We will discuss this with you in advance and greater detail if this is applicable for your event.
Dry Bar Hire
Simply put, SJW Events & Bars provides the mobile bar for hire and you arrange everything else.
Well, that’s the principle of dry bar hire anyway, but we understand that in reality you may like a little bit more assistance to make your event or party a success.
We not only supply bars for hire and set up the mobile bar but can also provide the chilling equipment, bar staff and glasses. You simply supply the drinks and we do the rest.
Wholesale drinks service
A useful service that we offer is the purchasing of the drinks on your behalf from our wholesalers or direct from the brewery at trade prices and have them delivered to you, saving you time, money and hassle.
The real value of this service is that usually the drinks will be on a sale or return basis, so you can not only ensure that you do not run out of drinks across the bar, but also only pay for what you use (restrictions apply) and the left over drinks are taken away. We charge a 30% fee of the initial purchase invoice, i.e. before any returns which is often still below supermarket prices so provides terrific value.
This service is only available if we are supplying bar staff in addition to the bar.
Ready to find out more?
We would love to hear from you, please click on the button below to contact us
We love what we do!
As you may have gathered, we enjoy going to new places, meeting different people and playing our part in making all events enjoyable and a success.
The SJW Events & Bars team provide a high-quality and professional mobile bar hire service. We are fully trained, licenced and insured to provide alcohol to those aged 18 years and over. We truly love our rustic reclaimed mobile bars and hope you do too!
We look forward to speaking with you soon!